Who Collects Your Information via the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website?
The Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website is owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Company, a closed joint-stock company under license by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) with Commercial Registration No. 4030292631 in Saudi Arabia whose principal address is PO Box 100404, Jeddah 21311. (“Company”).
Information Collected About You
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
The Website includes the following:
• Information you provide via the Website You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the Website, by corresponding with the by the contact e-mail address made available on the Website, when you register to receive the newsletter, by subscribing to the informational post, participating in other social media activities on the Website made available via the Website, participating in any customer surveys and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and contact number.
- Information collected about you via the Website. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, the following information may be automatically collected:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage contact number.
• Information received from other sources. Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage may receive information about you if you use any other websites or any other service provided or operated by. Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage works closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers, dealers and wholesalers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
Information held about you may be used in the following ways:
- Information you provide via the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website. This information may be used:
- for internal record keeping and administration
- to provide you with the information and services you request via Website (including without limitation news items, information
- to be shared with Abdul Latif Jameel businesses;
- to provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you
- to provide you with information about goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or enquired about;
- to perform and analyses the results of customer surveys and feedback about, including being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and;
- to notify you about changes to the Website’s service;
- to address any enquires you may have raised via the Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to be shared with in-house or third party agents or legal representatives for debt recovery that is in accordance to Article 4.9 Finance Companies Consumer Protection Principles
- Information the Website may collect about you. This information may be used::
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the Website safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
• Information that Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage receives from other sources. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies (including clear gifs) may be collected to help monitor your response to Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so. However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with any Abdul Latif Jameel business. In particular, if you submit an enquiry using the enquiry form available on the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website, your enquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) (based on the enquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be held by such an Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) as part of its enquiry / customer database.
- Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- Marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and updates.
- Market research businesses or similar organizations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimization of the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event any business of Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If an Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If there is a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage
Where Your Personal Data is Stored
The Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website will be, managed and operated in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The data collected from you via the Website will be stored on servers currently located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. By providing your personal data to the Website, you agree to this storing or processing.
For How Long is Your Personal Information Kept?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for marketing purposes. You will be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for such purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the enquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you fill in a form on the Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website (for example, the enquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
The Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Abdul Latif Jameel, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Abdul Latif Jameel Insurance Brokerage does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the Website. Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.